We offer a maintenance of specific and integral rehabilitation in order to improve and conserve the physical conditions of people with spinal cord injury. We seek the more autonomous and independent development possible and train users to enter the labor market or training. In short, we help to build a new life project.
What we do
The FLM born from the need that the peolple with spinal cord injury have after the medical discharge. Was created to provide a maintenance of specific and integral rehabilitation in order to improve and conserve the physical conditions. It also works the necessary skills for access to employment, formation and personal autonomous development, more or less independent, developing its capabilities to achieve a life with quality.
From the FLM is intended to achieve the greater independence of users and residents, even those with greater limitations, accessing with more security and autonomy to all facilities.
FLM services evolve and grow, adapting to the demands and needs of the people. We are in constant renewal, betting on the latest technological advances and implementing new and innovative therapies. Thus, the FLM has developed a network of services that promote independence and social participation of people with spinal cord injury.
The objectives and services of the FLM, are in line with the approaches proposed for the World Health Organization (WHO), where it refers to the need to "invest in specific programs and services for people with disabilities".
- Give options through integral rehabilitation services in order that people with spinal cord injuries can achieve the full participation in society, thereby motivating a social change.
- Provide physical rehabilitation for people with spinal cord injury.
- Improve functional status through occupational therapy activities.
- Favor the state of mind of the person by performing individual, group, couple or family psychological therapies.
- Strengthening the possibilities of integration into the world of work.
- Support, as much as possible, to overcome the difficult situations that causes this pathology.
- Achieve, through the Residential Center, set a project of life for those who can not manage in their previous environment.
- Offer, through the Day Care and Residential Center, periods of familiar rest for primary caregivers of the peolpe with spinal cord injury.
- Develop capacities by mean of Plastic Expression, Radio and Audiovisual Workshops.
- Incorporate learning and use of new technologies in the workshop of New Technologies.
- Promote leisure and free time.
Annual Activity Report
From its own experience, the FLM knows the need that people with spinal cord injury have after the medical discharge. They need an integral and specific rehabilitation in order to improve and preserve the physical conditions. They also need to develop skills for access to employment, to training and to achieve the more or less dependent autonomous development, developing their capacities to reach a quality life.
The FLM carries out its activity based on principles of equality and progress. You can check the development of the activities of the past three years by downloading our annual reports of activities on the buttons on the right.
Annual Activity Report 2014